By K. N. Liou
- Balanced therapy of basics and applications
- Includes over one hundred seventy illustrations to counterpoint the concise description of every subject
- Numerous examples and hands-on routines on the finish of every chapter
By K. N. Liou
By Matthew Bobrowsky,Mikko Korhonen,Jukka Kohtamäki
The authors say there are 3 stable purposes to shop for this book:
1. to enhance your scholars’ considering abilities and problem-solving abilities
2. to obtain easy-to-perform experiments that have interaction scholars within the topic
3. To make your physics classes waaaaay extra cool
The phenomenon-based studying (PBL) strategy utilized by the authors—two Finnish academics and a U.S. professor—is as academic because the experiments are fascinating. rather than placing the speculation earlier than the applying, PBL encourages scholars to first adventure how the contraptions paintings after which develop curious adequate to determine why. scholars have interaction within the actions now not as a job to be accomplished yet as exploration and discovery.
The suggestion is to aid your scholars transcend easily memorizing physics evidence. utilizing Physics instruments and Gizmos may help them research broader recommendations, helpful critical-thinking talents, and technological know-how and engineering practices (as outlined by way of the following iteration technological know-how Standards). And—thanks to these Boomwhackers and Flying Pigs—both your scholars and you'll have a few critical enjoyable.
For additional information approximately hands-on fabrics for utilizing actual technological know-how devices and Gizmos books, stopover at Arbor clinical at http://www.arborsci.com/nsta-hs-kits
By David L. Goodstein
By Randall D. Knight,Brian Jones,Stuart Field,James H. Andrews
By George C. King
By James Kakalios
Most folks are clueless by way of the physics that makes our sleek international so handy. what is the basic technology at the back of movement sensors, contact monitors and toasters? How will we input our places of work utilizing touch-on passes or locate our strategy to new locations utilizing GPS? In The Physics of daily Things, James Kakalios takes us on an grand trip into the subatomic marvels that underlie rather a lot of what we use and take for granted.
Breaking down the area of items right into a unmarried day, Kakalios engages our interest approximately how our fridges maintain nutrition cool, how a aircraft manages to stay airborne, and the way our wrist health screens hold song of our steps. each one clarification is coupled with a narrative revealing the interaction of the staggering invisible forces that encompass us. via this 'narrative phyics' The Physics of daily Things demonstrates that - faraway from the abstractions conjured via phrases just like the Higgs boson, black holes and gravity waves - refined technological know-how can also be relatively functional. together with his signature readability and inventiveness, Kakalios ignites our imaginations and enthralls us with the foundations that make up our lives.
By Ian Lovat
Exam Board: AQA
First educating: September 2015
First examination: June 2016
Written through skilled instructor Ian Lovat, this pupil advisor for Physics:
- is helping you establish what you want to recognize with a concise precis of the themes tested within the AS and A-level specifications
- Consolidates realizing with information and information fee questions
- offers possibilities to enhance examination procedure with pattern solutions to exam-style questions
- Develops self sustaining studying and learn skills
- presents the content material for producing person revision notes
By Jürgen Eichler
Dieses kompakt gefasste Lehrbuch ist für die Ausbildung von Ingenieuren an Fachhochschulen gedacht. Es beinhaltet den Grundlagenstoff der ersten beiden Semester. Die Inhalte wurden an die Anforderungen der Bachelor-Studiengänge angepasst. Der Übungsteil (Beispielaufgaben) wurde erweitert.
By Takashi Fujimoto